Wednesday 27 July 2011

NOTD: Nails Of The Day!

Today's colour is... O.P.I.'s Can You Tapas This?

at night with indoor lighting and camera flash

Well actually I've had this on for a few days hence the white nail tips, (my nails grow so fast!) It's a sort of dark red-brown colour; reminds me a bit of BBQ sauce. I used a base coat, one coat of polish and a top coat. Usually I use 2 coats so the colour is more opaque, but I just wasn't in the mood for waiting around for my nails to dry and I wanted to get this up before I change the colour tomorrow. I'm not sure if I like it or not, I'm a fan of dark colours but it's kind of strange, sometimes it's more red, others it's brown and it even has a purplish raisin tone to it. Maybe with another coat I could get a better idea of it's full potential but until then I'm undecided!

p.s. I've noticed that I'm all about natural and organic products at the minute and haven't been able to find any nail polishes in this category however, O.P.I are one brand that are part of the "3 free" bandwagon. These are brands whose lacquers are free of the 3 toxic chemicals that were once found in most nail polishes, Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP), Formaldehyde & Toluene. The Body Shop products are also not entirely natural or organic but responsibly source their ingredients from Community Trade farmers and growers which ensures ingredients are grown in a traditional and time honoured way as well as providing growers with long-term, stable incomes. You can read more about this here.

No comments:

Post a Comment