Saturday 6 August 2011

I'm Back!

Greetings! I am back from my week in Portrush, Northern Ireland and it was wonderful :) We couldn't have asked for better accommodation; our apartment was overlooking the beach and was right beside the town, (but it was never noisy), so we could walk to anywhere.

I couldn't get a good enough picture of the view, it was beautiful! Donegal was visible in the distance and the whole shore line was at our feet :)
While I was there I got back in tune with the element of water by body boarding on two different days. I love how the waves look like lots of white horses galloping towards the shore, (scene in The Lord of The Rings where Arwen turns the water to horses to get the Nazgul anyone?) I saw Niamh Kavanagh & The Illegals, a band who cover Fleetwood Mac and The Eagles songs, they were fantastic! Niamh has also been in Eurovision twice representing Ireland and made it to the final! I also visited Downhill Demense and Mussenden Temple (where I want to get hand fasted!), but forgot to take my camera with me :/ the grounds were beautiful so it was a shame! Finally, (of course), I got some new witchy buys in the two New Age-ish shops as well as some other things so I shall share my new items below!

These first things are from Blue Moon

I loved these earring so much I bought all the colours!
Another pair of earrings I am loving!
I finally got a pentacle necklace! (Though I really want a Thor's hammer pendant)
A gorgeous dark wooden pentacle wall piece with Celtic design
I of course picked up some incense sticks, this time it's cedarwood :)
And the Element Encyclopedia of 5000 Spells which my mummy bought me, I've been putting off getting it for forever!
The next purchases are from Sapphire, which stocks a wide variety of good quality crystals.

Clockwise from far left: Apache Tears (Black Obsidian), Charoite, Smokey Quartz, Petrified Wood, Snow Quartz, Bornite (Peacock Ore/Stone), Honey Calcite.
Incense sticks; Relaxing (Cardomom, Cedar wood, Patchouli) & Meditation (Vanilla, Sandalwood, Camomile)
The next pictures are just of some miscellaneous items that I got.

Another book I've had my eye on and just went ahead and got it, definitely worth the money! (I intend to do a review of this and the Encyclopedia of 5000 Spells when I've read them completely, so watch out for that!)
I have the original Hummingbird Bakery and everything I make from it has been divine and this looks to be the same! Some recipes are repeated but there are many new editions for Halloween, Spring, Winter, Summer days and afternoon tea treats :)
I picked this up in a second hand book store called The Bookcase and it was in very good condition! I'm a big LOTR fan and have many J.R.R. Tolkien books :)
I'm also a huge Game of Thrones fan, (not mainly because they have filmed and still are filming in various locations in Northern Ireland), so I treated myself to the first set of books, there's a new one out but I think it's better to read what I've got first, (I've a bit of a love affair with books :/)
Last but not least is the brush I have found to use with my Bare Escentuals bareMinerals foundation, it's the ecotoools Bamboo Bronzer Brush. It's a bit like a small kabuki brush but is perfect for mineral foundation!
So that's it! I hope you like the pieces I've gotten so far. I'm hoping to go through my crystal and oil collection in the coming weeks to share what I have and their properties as well as reviewing the books I've mentioned and perhaps there'll be some cooking ventures thrown in there too! So until then, Blessed Be! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment