Saturday 12 November 2011

Carmine Beauty Box Oct 2011

Carmine is the newest brand to arrive on the beauty box scene. It is currently £10 a month plus £2.75 p&p. I actually got their first box for free because I had problems when ordering (I was the first person to have problems ordering with maestro so they kindly didn't charge me for the box.)

As I got the box near the beginning of October I didn't get to take any photos of it when it arrived so I've just got pictures of what was inside.


Firstly was little card with a message on the back giving ideas of what you can do with your box. I'm currently using the base to store my nail polishes and the lid to keep any samples and sachets.

Inside is a little welcome message introducing the first box and then a run down of the products as well as the discount offers for last month's products and brands.

So here is the content of the box!
Balance Me Super Moisturising Hand Cream
Trind Nail Repair Natural
TheBalm FratBoy All-in-one shadow/blush
Daniel Sandler Eye Delight in Peach
Caudalie Quenching Sorbet-Crème.

Balance Me Super Moisturising Hand Cream
 "Made by the experts in natural skincare, this multi award winning cream will get you soft and smooth from head to toe - with delicate aromatherapy scents included!"
£14.50 full size 100ml, 30ml sample.
 

I've really been liking this hand cream, it's thick but absorbs easily and doesn't leave your hands feeling greasy. The aromatherapy scent is also divine! I'm likely to purchase this when this tube is done. 


Daniel Sandler Eye Delight in Peach or Ice
"A pot of sweet, shimmery dust to give your eyes a little something to smile about. Created by professional make-up artist Daniel Sandler, this incredibly versatile eye colour can be swept across the eyelids or mixed with water for a bolder effect."
£10.25 full sized sample. 

I received the Peach shade but I would have preferred Ice, I don't think I've seen any reviews with someone who got Ice. However I'm sure that I can use this shade as I wear a lot of orange and copper toned eye looks. The packaging is pretty smart too as it prevents powder from ending up anywhere.


Trind Nail Repair Natural
"Produced by Dutch experts in nail, cuticle and hand care, this little lacquer is not just another nail varnish. Made with TLC, brush it on to naturally strengthen and protect your nails."
£12.95 full sized sample.


I don't see anything natural about a product that contains formaldehyde and I wasn't really wanting to use it for this purpose, but I gave it a go and it really does work. I put it on under my base coat and it stops my nails from peeling which they tend to do a lot. I will more than likely continue to use it because of the drastic change in the condition of my nails when I have it on.


TheBalm All-in-one shadow/blush


"Want to get noticed by those college frat boys? This peachy-apricot-coloured blush doubles up as an eye shadow and miraculously adds life to any skin tone. So hold the ketchup, here's a taste of vintage America that will also go nicely in your handbag."
£16.34 full sized sample.


A lovely peachy pink shade that will compliment most people, not more else I can say. I would never spend this much on a blush so it's a nice inclution.

Caudalie Quenching Sorbet-Crème
 "This deliciously creamy sorbet will naturally refresh and hydrate your skin with all the anti-oxidising powers of red grape seed. It's the perfect way to quench your thirst after your summer holidays!"
£20.00 full size 40ml, 10ml sample.


I've been looking to try Caudalie for a while now so I was glad to see it in the box. I used this as my daily moisturiser throughout October and I quite liked it. It's very cooling on the skin so would be great in summer or if you live somewhere hot. It has a lovely fresh and uplifting scent too.


Overall the box is great value for money (well for free in my case!) I'm unsure wether or not I will continue with the subscription as I am currently subscribed to Amarya's Beauty Box.

No comments:

Post a Comment