Sunday 4 December 2011

MAC & Illmasqua Haul

My mother and I found ourselves in Debenhams yet again after picking up my formal dress so decided to treat ourselves during their Big Gift Event Sale, so here's what I got.

I've been really getting into MAC & Illamasqua lately, I'm loving the products I have so far and I've converted my mummy to MAC when before she didn't see what was so great about them... she was easily turned!

Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation - 03
"Inspired by the cult Asian market Beauty Balm creams, Skin Base Foundation is a brand new, refined formula unlike anything on the UK market. Easily blendable, it effortlessly creates a perfect complexion, and like the entire Illamasqua foundation range, is undetectable in a professional HD environment. Suitable for all skin types, it smoothes, softens and conditions your skin whilst providing natural, buildable coverage."

I've been looking a new liquid foundation for ages, but find it difficult to get one to match my skin tone exactly or one that is moisturising enough. I wanted to try this out because of the great hype and reviews surrounding it and I saw why it has gotten this attention when the lady at the counter put it on me; it's flawless skin in a bottle! The woman also informed me as to why my skin is so dry and it is because I exfoliate too much (any scrub that recommends using it every day don't do it! It takes around 8 days for healthy skin to surface so if you scrub all the top skin off everyday there's no moisture left in the deeper layers that are coming to the surface.) This shade is the lightest for colourings with yellow undertones.

Illamasqua Powder Blush - Katie
"Illuminate, radiate, make your face come alive with the colour and drama of Illamasqua Powder Blusher. Colour-intense and highly pigmented, use it to shade, brighten, enhance and define the shape of your face. Be bold, be daring, be the centre of attention."

The lady at the counter also used this on me as both a blush and a contour which had amazing results for such a light and natural colour. Katie is described as a soft candy pink with a matt finish.



Illamasqua Highlighter Brush
"Illuminate your alter ego. Use the Illamasqua Highlighter Brush to apply Illuminator to anywhere you’d like to draw attention. Wonderfully versatile, this brush can also be used to buff Illamasqua Light or Rich Liquid Foundation onto the face, to create a polished look."

Since the cover of my elf stipple brush melted into the bristles I've been on the lookout for a new buffing brush. I prefer using this kind of brush than a regular foundation brush as it provides a more natural and buildable coverage. It is particularly good with both the skin base foundation and for applying blush.

MAC Mineralize Eye Shadow - Shimmermint
Another part of the Glitter & Ice collection. I fell in love with this shade but managed to miss it the other week when I was there. A beautiful pale green melange. Not more else I can say, frosty, glittery, like having snowflakes on your eyelids!

MAC Eye Shadow in Patina & Satin Taupe
Two gorgeous shades I've had my eye on for a while, Patina is a taupe brown with golden pearl and Satin Taupe is a taupe with silver shimmer.

MAC Eye Shadow in Mystery & Twinks
I forgot to include these in my last haul post as that is when I got them but had them straight into my pallet so forgot about them. Mystery is a muted plum-brown which is perfect alone for my eyebrows at night or mixed with Espresso for the day. Twinks is a gorgeous deep plum with pearl.

My current MAC eyeshadow collection; Top Row L-R: Blanc Type, Vanilla, Dazzlelight, Girlie; Middle Row L-R: Wedge, Patina, Era, Folie; Bottom Row L-R: Espresso, Mystery, Woodwinked, Satin Taupe, Twinks
MAC Lustre Lipstick - Viva Glam V
MAC Lustre Lipstick - Viva Glam V
 I was looking for a really moisturising lipstick that was quite natural but still had some colour and the lady at the counter came up with this beauty, a neutral pink with pearl. Is it just me or do these smell amazingggg! Better still, all funds from the Viva Glam range go towards Aids Awareness & by getting this, along with the next product, the money has given someone a home for two nights and eight meals.

MAC Lipglass - Viva Glam VI
MAC Lipglass - Viva Glam VI

MAC Lipglass - Viva Glam VI
I'm usually not a fan of lipgloss, (I'm a lipstick girl for life!) but I couldn't resist this warm plum with pearl after trying it on over the lipstick; they're a match made in lip combo heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment