Wednesday 7 September 2011

Random Buys & Mini Reviews

I came home to two packages after school the other day which I had completely forgotten about even ordering (school is seriously messing with my head!) One is from Trim & Polish, a UK O.P.I stockist that sells permanent and retired polishes as well as having other beauty products from a few different brands. The next one is from Naturisimo, a site much like Love Lula that stocks only natural & organic products. So... on to the purchases!

Trim & Polish: Couture Minis - Halloween 2010 Collection
Dark nail polishes combined with Halloween... what more could you want? The polishes were put in the wrong place in the box though, (hence they are wrong in the picture.)

L-R: Nevermore, Obscurity, Sanguine & Unripened

And here's the swatches! p.s. sorry for the sloppy painting & seriously bitten fingers... I blame tiredness and school bringing back the habit! Also I probably won't be doing Nails of the Day very often because of school rules on nail polish, so I'm more likely to just swatch the colours as I buy them.

Thumb - ring finger: Unripened, Nevermore, Sanguine & Obscurity.
Unripened "A glittering green so dark it's dangerous" I haven't really noticed the "green" in this polish but it is a very unique shade, a glossy black with lots of aqua/teal sparkle. This is probably my favourite!

Nevermore "You'll be c-raven this blackened purple" It's not very dark for a blackened purple, more of a blue/purple with loads of sparkle. It is pretty much identical to OPI Ink.

Sanguine "Deep, dark blood red-maroon" Well, I couldn't really describe it any better myself, it's just Royal Rajah Ruby renamed, which is one of my favourites! (I have a thing for dark red/burgundy polishes.) Looks best in sunlight to show the shimmer/sparkle, otherwise it looks like a plain dark red.

Obscurity "A matte black that's never dull" I quite like OPI's suede polishes and I have a matte topcoat to make any polish matte that I've used a few times, so I'm a fan of the matte look. It is really just as described.

I got a Butter London Nail Polish from Naturisimo as well as some Pai skin cream samples.

Butter London 3 Free Nail Lacquer in Chancer.
Clockwise from top; Pai Avocado & Jojoba Hydrating Day Cream, Pai Macadamia & Rose Dry Skin Cream & Pai Geranium & Thistle Combination Skin Cream.
 I am currently using the avocado & jojoba cream as my daily moisturiser and the macadamia & rose dry skin cream at night. The pacakaging of these samples is much better than that of the last samples I got, the tubs are smaller (but the same quantaty) and less deep meaning less products gets under your nails when you are scooping it out. So far I'm liking both creams.

To finish here are some swatches of a few of the new nail polishes I got. Excuse the terrible painting attempt, (and the seriously bitten off skin,) but I'm not left handed.

Middle finger - thumb; Deborah Lippmann Bitches Brew Nail Lacquer, Butter London 3 Free Nail Lacquer in Chancer & Essie Mink Muffs Nail Polish.

No comments:

Post a Comment