Tuesday 27 September 2011

Leighton Denny The Atmospheric Collection A/W 2011 Swatches

So if you follow me on twitter you're probably aware that I won the Bath & Unwind autumn manicure competition to get the new Leighton Denny nail polish collection. All but Your Planet Or Mine arrived in the post today, (it's currently only available on pre-order) but I have the rest to swatch for you :)

L-R: Astronaughty, Big Bang, Meet Me On Venus, Meteor Match, Purely Plutonic.

Thumb - little finger; Meet Me On Venus, Meteor Match, Big Bang, Astronaughty & Purely Plutonic. (All with two coats on top of a clear base coat.)
Meet Me On Venus "A new take on nude, this creamy mink has an indulgent satin finish and a subtle shimmer. Flirty lilac undertones adds a new twist to your everyday nude." It is a paler lilac colour than in the picture but other than that it's described pretty well. I wouldn't really call it a nude though, not for my skin tone anyway. A pretty shade none the less.

Meteor Match "Shimmering pale marine is injected with delicate glitter. Inspired by the a cosmic meteor trail, this metallic shifting silver is truly out of this world." I can't really describe it better myself, a lovely angelic colour which I'll be wearing in winter so I'll always have the frost outside on my nails.

Big Bang "This black and silver glitter polish is guaranteed to make an explosive impact." This is a very sheer blue base packed with black and silver glitter, it's is a bit chunky but not unpleasantly so. The black glitter looks purple in the bottle but is black when painted on the nails. One of my favourites.

Astronaughty "Intense plum is injected with sizzling red shimmer for serious glam factor." This polish has an almost duo-chrome look to it, as it has a green undertone when moved around. It is more noticeable with one coat as it goes on very sheer so two coats are recommended.

Purely Plutonic "This cool gunmetal polish is the understated shade of the season. A molten silver shade that suits every skin tone and adds a hint of sophisticated sparkle to your look." On the nails it looks just like the lead of a pencil or the layer on metals that tarnish when they cut. I don't have anything like this is my collection. A great alternative rock chick colour than black.


Finally I'll show you the nail polish that won me the collection...


None other than O.P.I. Ginger Bells! with a matte top coat!


No comments:

Post a Comment