Tuesday 31 May 2011

Badger Balm Review!

I realised that I left out one of the Badger Balm products that I own from the previous post, which is their Vanilla Madagascar Lip Balm, but I will include it in this review. These are the products that I have used for a few weeks so can give my opinion of them, the others I haven't yet used so I will include them when I have given them a go. Below is the products I will review in this post:

Clockwise from top: Badger Balm for Hardworking Hands, Badger Sleep Balm, Badger Vanilla Madagascar Lip Balm, Badger Cheerful Mind Balm, Badger Clear Mind Balm
Badger Balm for Hardworking Hands

 This stuff works! The smell reminds me of the oils that physiotherapists, osteopaths and accupressurists use, (I've been to all several times due to back and neck problems) and it's definitely a smell I love! The balm does leave hands greasy for a while, so I usually apply it at night before bed, but I wake up with the softest hands imaginable!

Ingredients: *Extra Virgin Olive Oil, *Beeswax, *Castor Oil, *Aloe Extract, Essential Oils of Birch & *Wintergreen. (* = Certified Organic)

Badger Sleep Balm

The sleep balm was the first thing I added to my shopping basket on the Love Lula website, I mean, who could resist the cute packaging? Packaging plays a big role when choosing products and I love the pictures across the brand (It reminds me of the time there was a badger in back garden sitting like a person eating a scone...random I know, but it was so funny!) As I was beginning my exams, and my sleeping pattern isn't the best, I knew I would need all the sleep I could get, and this balm definitely delivers! I rub some on my temples, forehead, lips and under my nose before turning off the light and it puts me to sleep much quicker than I would drift off otherwise. The smell isn't for everyone, I wasn't that fond at the beginning (I was expecting the scent of lavender oil and earl grey tea), the other oils definitely shine through, particularly the ginger, but as I have become accustomed to the scent it doesn't put me off. It's definitely been a life saver!

Ingredients: *Extra Virgin Olive Oil, *Castor Oil, *Beeswax, Essential Oils of *Bergamot, *Lavender, *Rosemary Verbenone, *Ginger, *Balsam Fir and CO2 Extract of *Ginger. (* = Certified Organic)

Badger Vanilla Madagascar Lip Balm

 I'm one of those people that has tried every lip balm under the moon to find one that actually lives up to it's description but with no luck so far. The closest I had come was Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Moisturising Lip Balm but it would sting my lips. I've even tried E45 lip balm to no success, so I was happy to try out Badger's lip balm and it actually works! It's the only lip balm I've tried that actually keeps my lips moisturised and stops them from cracking (they're very sensitive to the cold and wind). It has a deep vanilla smell, but there is definitely a herbal undertone, but it s not unpleasant. All in all this is a product I will be stocking up on!

Ingredients: *Extra Virgin Olive Oil, *Beeswax, *Castor Oil, *Aloe Extract, CO2 Extracts of *Vanilla, *Rosemary, *Seabuckthorn Berry & *Rosehip. (* = Certified Organic)

Badger Cheerful Mind Balm

What could make you more cheerful than just looking at the packaging?! But on a serious note, the fragrance definitely lifts your mood, I wasn't sure how a combination of orange and mint would work, (flash back to the not so pleasant experience of brushing your teeth then drinking orange juice), but I was pleasantly surprised, the spearmint gives it a fresh smell while the sweet orange gives it a bit of a zing. It most certainly made me cheerful :)

Ingredients: *Extra Virgin Olive Oil, *Beeswax, *Sweet Orange Oil, *Lemon Oil, *Spearmint Oil, *Rosemary Verbenone Oil, *Rosehip CO2 Extract, *Calendula CO2 Extract, *Cinnamon Oil, *Bitter Orange Oil, *Ylang Ylang Oil. (* = Certified Oragnic)

Badger Clear Mind Balm

This was another purchase I made close to exam time, and I've used it almost every day I've studied/ had an exam. The ginger scent really wakes you up, and I've found that using this balm has indeed helped my concentration and capacity of thought, (I also wish I could trade places with the badger, looks like a lovely place to study!)

Ingredients: *Extra Virgin Olive Oil, *Beeswax, *Lemon Oil, *Rosemary Verbenone Oil, *Grapefruit Oil, *Calendula CO2 Extract, *Rosehip CO2 Extract, *Ginger CO2 Extract and *Cardamom Oil. (* = Certified Organic)

I will have more reviews of the other Badger products once I have used them, but with exams and studying to do I've had no time to do any yoga or meditation, but I reckon I'll have used the tension soother before my exams are done. Blessed Be! xx

1 comment:

  1. Cardamom oil is sweet, spicy and almost alsamic in fragrance, is clear to pale yellow in color and slightly watery in viscosity.

    Cardamom was well known in ancient times and the Egyptians used it in perfumes and incense and chewed it to whiten their teeth, while the Romans used it for their stomachs when they over-indulged.

    Cardamom oil is particularly helpful for the digestive system. It works as a laxative and soothes colic, wind. It warms the stomach and helps with heartburn.

    When feeling weak and mentally fatigued, cardamom oil can help with its refreshing and uplifting effect.I found good Cardamon Essential oil form this Blog post...
    Thank'
    and
    Regard's
    Cardamom Essential Oil

    ReplyDelete